R U S S I A N A C A D E M Y o f S C I E N C E S
GENERAL MEETING of NUCLEAR PHYSICS DEPARTMENT
28.03.1995 N 1
On Russian Telecommunication
Network for High Energy and
Having heard and discussed the report of head of Control Center of the Network "Radio MSU" S.F.Berezhnev in presence of the representatives of main Russian High energy and Nuclear Physics institutions The General Meeting of NPD RAS decides:
1. To consider of expedience organization of special computer Telecommunication Network for High Energy and Nuclear Physics (RUHEP) with united policy of rooting and coordinated strategy of development. It is assumed that all main Russian High energy and Nuclear Physics institutes are going to take part in this action.
2. To consider Control Center of "Radio-MSU" network as Control Center of RUHEP Network.
3. To the end of solving principal tasks and problems of science and technology policy of the network and their coordination with other networks in Russia as well as abroad to form the Coordinating Council of RUHEP Network. Members of the Council are to be leading physisists actively engaged in telecommunication.
To ask Academician A.N.Skrinsky to be head of the Coordinating Council.
4. For the sake of coordination and development of networks for High energy and Nuclear Physics in Russia and their interaction with other networks, appropriate software standartization, regional nodes coordination and assistance - to form Science-Technology Council of RUHEP Network. To recommend S.F.Berezhnev as a Chairman of this Council.
5. To entrust Bureau of Nuclear Physics Department of RAS in half-year term to prepare (in coordination with interested organizations) Statutes of Coordinating as well as Science-Technology Councils of RUHEP Network and to approve them.
6. To ask directorates of Russion High energy and Nuclear Physics institutions propose their representatives as members of Science-Technology Council and inform Ac. A.N.Skrinsky on that matter.
7. To consider Russian Telecommunication Network for High Energy and Nuclear Physics (RUHEP) as one of parts of Russian Computer Telecommunication Network for Science and Higher Education.
Taking this into account, to ask Ministry of Science and Technological Policy of Russia and Russian Foundation for Basic Research to render their support (financial, in particular) for rapid development of RUHEP network.
8. To ask the Rector of Lomonosov Moscow State University Corr.M. V.A.Sadovnichy to render his assistance in development and operation of "RADIO-MSU" Network as well as Control Center of RUHEP.
9. To consider it of expedience to propose national academies and other governmental organizations in CIS countries to take part (through proper intergovernmental agreements) in activity aimed at incorporating scientific centers in these countries into RUHEP Network.
10. To ask Joint Institute for Nuclear Research to render every support to High energy and Nuclear Physics institutions in CIS countries in their integration within united computer network for High energy and Nuclear Physics embracing informational space of FSU.
Nuclear Physics Department
Nuclear Physics Department